Best Track Saw prices low to high(2020)
Here is our guide on track saws from the lowest retail price we could find right up to the highest-priced rail-guided saw. If you have arrived here from my Track Saw blog then you already know how useful these plunging saws are.
If you have found this page via a search lets just explain what a track saw actually is.
A Track Saw is?
The Track Saw is a circular saw that is guided by a rail ensuring a very straight cut. These saws are naturally expensive but there is some low-cost variation becoming available.
Let start with the cheapest ‘Track Saw’
I am not going to say these low priced tools can compare with machines like Festool but they are ideal for occasional use. If you are wanting to use one for professional use then I would suggest you choose a Dewalt or the Makita at the bare minimum. But if you can stretch to it the Festool range of plunge saws are so nice to use. Festool have the best dust extraction on the market when coupled to their own shop vac extractors.
Track Saws under 200
Grizzly Industrial T27444-4-1/2″ Mini Track Saw Super Kit
7-1/4 in track saw and track by Evolution
With a 3 ft, 4 in track included this circular saw is hard to ignore. Power and precision at the forefront of its design, the R185CCSX ensures accuracy and reliability to get the job done faster, smoother and safer than ever before. A true value for money with 3 years limited warranty.
- Multi-Material cutting technology. One saw, one blade, cuts all.*
- Accurate cutting with adjustable 2-1/2 inch depth of cut – perfect for trench cutting.
- Reliable smooth square cutting every time in a variety of materials.
- Powerful 15A hi-torque motor with optimised gearbox & blade system.
- 0° – 45° bevel tilt with virtual pivot keeps the blade on the same cutting line at any angle when fixed to a track.
- Ergonomic, soft-grip handles provide maximum control, versatility and precision.
- Dust extraction port & adaptor included for vacuum compatibility.
- 3 foot 4-inch Circular Saw Track included. Supplied in 3x pieces with connectors.
- Compatible With Evolution’s 4 ft 7 in track (Sold Separately)
- Robust & sturdy construction with even weight distribution, weighing only 11.2 lbs
- Channelled airflow & base indicators ensure optimum visibility of your cutting line.
- Premium Japanese Tungsten-Carbide-Tipped (TCT) 7-1/4 inch blade included.
- 3 Year limited warranty.
Evolution Power Tools R185CCSX 7-1/4″ Multi-Material Circular Track Saw Kit w/ 40″ Track
Direct from Grizzly
The Super Kit includes four blades, two T10825 24″ tracks, and the T27044 Accessory Pack (2 rail clamps, rail connector, and a limit stop).
The 20T carbide-tipped blade cuts wood and wood-based material (plywood, MDF, OSB, etc.). The 40T carbide-tipped blade cuts soft metals (aluminium, copper, brass, etc.), melamine panels, and plastics. The abrasive blade/disc cuts steel. The diamond-tipped blade cuts tile, slate, brick, stone, concrete, etc. The 24″ rails have a non-slip backing on the underside for secure grip on the workpiece, and the top of the track features a guide rail that fits directly into the grooved saw bottom, allowing the saw to slide smoothly and precisely along the workpiece in a perfectly straight line. Another awesome feature of this saw is its plunge-cutting action, which allows you to easily make window, electrical, or plumbing cut-outs in panels? without being required to lift and hold the guard out of the way, such as with a regular circular saw. Last but not least, this saw is also equipped with a dust-extraction port that connects to a regular shop vacuum to help keep your worksite cleaner.
- Motor: 120V, 1.5 HP, 10A
- Motor speed: 28,050 RPM
- Max cutting depth at 90°: without track 1-1/4″, with track 1-1/16″
- Saw blade: 4-1/2″ x 7/8″
- Distance between the saw blade and wall: 3/4″
- Dust port diameter: 1-1/2″
Track Saws under 500
Makita SP6000J1 6-1/2″ Plunge Circular Saw Kit with 55″ Guide Rail, Guide Rail Connector, and 2-Pc. Rail Clamp Set
Direct from Makita
The Makita 6-1/2” Plunge Cut Circular Saw and 55” Guide Rail (model SP6000J1) work together to produce accurate cuts with minimal tear-out. The saw combines a powerful 12 AMP motor and a large cutting capacity with magnesium components for less weight and electronic speed control to maintain constant speed under load for smooth cutting and a splinter-free mirror finish. The SP6000J1 is a more portable option to a table saw for select applications, and it is ideal for use on the job site or in a workshop.
Precision Settings and Features for Quality Cuts
The SP6000J1 saw has a bevel capability of -1° to 48° with positive stops at 22.5° and 45°. The saw delivers precise cutting, as the position of the blade enters the material on the same cutting line whether cutting straight or bevel. In addition, the saw has close-to-wall cutting (11/16-inch) for expanded cutting applications. The built-in depth stop allows a preliminary cut of 1/16-inch to be performed before the entire material is cut through for clean and splinter-free cutting.
12 AMP Direct-Drive Power for Smooth Cutting
The SP6000J1 has a powerful 12 AMP motor with soft start for smooth start-ups, and Electronic Speed Control to maintain a constant speed under load for smooth cutting. The variable speed dial control (2,000 – 5,200 RPM) allows the user to set the speed for optimum performance in a variety of materials. The built-in torque limiter helps prevent motor burnout, with an electric brake for added productivity.
Precision Cuts and Ease of Use
The saw includes a range of convenient features, including a large top handle, an electric brake for more productivity, as well as a lock-lever that attaches the saw to the rail system so the saw stays on the anodized aluminum rail when positioned for a bevel cut. The smooth and convenient plunge release lever is designed for operator comfort, and the depth adjustment with large scale is easy to set.
Best in Class for a Range of Applications
The SP6000J1 is engineered for cutting sheet material, finish work, trim work, and remodeling. It is ideal for a broad range of trades, including cabinet installers, cabinet manufacturers, finish carpenters, stair installers, flooring installers, woodworkers, and general contractors seeking a best-in-class 6-1/2” Plunge Circular Saw.
- 12 AMP motor with variable speed control dial (2,000 – 5,200 RPM) for optimum performance in a variety of materials
- Large cutting capacity (2-3/16″ at 90° and 1-9/16″ at 45°)
- Bevel capability (-1 to 48°) with positive stops at 22.5° and 45°
- Close to the wall cutting (11/16″) for expanded cutting applications
- Ideal for cutting large wood panels and other wood materials in confined areas
- 1-1/2″ OD dust port directs material away from the operator and connects to a vacuum system
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smooth cutting
- Built-in current limiter helps prevent motor burnout
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Easy-to-set depth adjustment with large scale
- Smooth and convenient plunge release lever for operator comfort
- Magnesium components deliver a well balanced and lightweight saw at only 9.7 lbs.
- Dual front and rear bevel supports provide additional rigidity for precise and accurate bevel cuts
- Precise straight and 45º bevel cuts as the position of the blade enters the material on the same sightline when using a guide rail
- Locking lever holds the blade in position so that the wrench can be inserted through the hole in the blade case for easier blade installation
- On-board hex wrench for fast and easy blade changes
- Built-in depth stop allows a preliminary first cut of 2 to 3mm to be performed prior to cutting through the entire material for clean and splinter-free cutting
- Rubberized handles for added comfort
- Large 1-7/16″ rear dust port directs material away from the operator and easily connects to a vacuum system
- Includes a premium 48 tooth carbide tipped blade
- 55″ Guide Rail interacts with the saw base to provide smooth, perfect, dead-on straight or bevel cutting
- Saw base is attachable to other guide rail systems in the market
- Optional Accessories: Guide Rail:118″ – 194368-5, Clamp Set: 194385-5, Rip Fence: 165447-6
Track Saws under 1000
Festool Model TS 75 EQ Plunge Cut Saw with T-Loc and Rail
Direct from Festool
Experience the incredible power of the TS 75 plunge cut saw. No other saw comes close to its power and pinpoint accuracy. Capable of cutting material that is 2-3/4″ thick, this saw will leave an edge that is both burn and splinter-free, creating edges that are clean enough to glue without any further prep work. The TS 75 is suitable for cutting solid doors, truing rough lumber, cutting out window frames, and a host of other applications. Save time and create matched panels by cutting stacked sheet goods with one cut. Try the TS 75 once, and you will never look back.
- When used with Festool guide rails, you can achieve perfectly straight and splinter-free cuts.
- Spring-loaded riving knife (splitter) keeps the cut kerf open so that the material does not pinch the blade. This reduces the chance of kickback.
- The slip clutch helps to minimize the risk of a kickback and minimizes wear on the blade, gear case, and motor.
- Blade changes are easier and safer using the FastFix system which locks switch and arbor simultaneously for easy arbor bolt removal.
Specification of the Festool TS 75
- Weight 13.6 lbs (6.2 kg)
- Saw blade diameter 8.27 in
- Cutting depth at 45° 2-1/8” (55 mm)
- Cutting depth 0″ – 3” (0 – 75 mm)
- Power consumption 1 600 watt
- Dust extraction connection dia.1-1/16″/1-7/16″ (27/36 mm)
- Angular range 0 – 47 °
Festool Emerald Edition TS 55 REQ Plunge Cut Circular Saw w/Guide Rail (576688)
Probably the best plunge-cut saw Festool ever built.
One excellent feature is the ultra-flat and, thanks to the inward-pointing extractor connector, completely flat housing. With no body, it is possible to saw close to the edges with a minimum 12 mm wall spacing. Available with a viewing window or splinter guard, the TS 55 R gives you even more control and perfect results. Another key feature is the newly developed spacer wedge. It stands out in front of the saw blade, provides safety and guarantees precise positioning in existing saw cuts. There is also an extended angle setting and a dual display for cutting depth adjustment. This ensures even more precision and easy operation. Overall the best circular saw we have ever made.
- Slimline housing for maximum flexibility and close proximity to the wall (12 mm)
- Angle adjustment with undercut function from -1 to 47°
- Guide wedge for safer work and simple positioning in existing joint
- Transparent sliding viewing window provides a good view of the scribe mark and saw blade
- Power consumption 1 200 W
- Idle engine speed 2 000 – 5 800 min⁻¹
- Saw blade diameter 160.00 mm
- Angular range -1 – 47 °
- Cutting depth 0 – 55 mm
- Cutting depth 45° 43 mm
- Dust extraction connection dia. 27/36 mm
- Weight 4.50 kg
By Marcus Kett, Woodworking since 1989
Woodworking for me is in my blood as a son of a traditional boatbuilder. My Father Malcolm Kett was highly skilled and inventive individual often referred to as ‘Malcolm The Boat’.
Although I have spent a considerable portion of my life seeking further education and gaining qualifications in woodworking, electrical installations, bricklaying and to top it a degree in photography.
Yes, it is a medley of possible career choices but the one that I felt truly at home with was Woodworking. Woodworking has been my staple career choice that has given my family stability.
Why do I write these guides?
We started to write these guides to help our customers. The idea was to provide the information needed to install our made to measure wooden products that we sell on this website and directly to our local customers.
We soon received feedback from people abroad and interested readers not local to us. I like to help people and I am excited that fellow woodworkers or keen DIYers found guidance in my articles. I intend to carry on writing and producing youtube videos for the purpose of providing useful content. Please share our blog with your friends and anyone that could find interest in the magic of working with wood.
I am happy to inform you that we have included some links to related products. If you decide to purchase any product we receive a modest commission from Amazon. This is not considered as our main income but any commission earned is used to provide more tutorials. I thank you for your support.
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
The content in this article is provided for free but we retain all copyright. We do encourage you to borrow this content but only if you cite us as the original content with a link to our site.
We have lived and worked here in the Limousin Nouvelle Aquitaine since 2010, building window shutters and external doors. Our Volet manufacturing business is based at our home property as a ‘Cottage Industry’. We are a small business operating partly (60%) off the grid and try our best to practice our woodworking ethically.
How did we come up with the trading name ‘Wallybois’? Well, it is simple really, my best buddy ‘Wally’ and the fact that ‘Bois’ is French for wood and we live in France.
If you have any corrections or topics you think that we should add please leave a comment. If you think we deserve it a Share would be nice.
Thank You for visiting
By Marcus Kett, Woodworking since 1989
Based in the Nouvelle Aquitaine of France
Tel: +33 7 81 45 32 82